Online Placement Tests for College, Nursing, and Engineering students
(Wharton students who do not plan on continuing in Spanish and only want to fulfill the Wharton language requirement should NOT take the online test. These students must take the in-person departmental exam offered during NSO and a few times throughout the year.)
Registering to take the online placement exam in Spanish and French
IMPORTANT: When registering for the exam, follow these 3 rules:
- Use your UPENN email address.
- Leave Student ID BLANK.
- Create a password that is different from any Penn passwords you have already chosen. DO NOT USE A PASSWORD YOU HAVE USED BEFORE.
Sign in to your account and take the online test.
- Once your account has been created, click “Sign In” to proceed.
- Sign in using the email address and password you just used to create your account. Be sure to save this login information in the event you need to access your account again. You may only take the exam once and you must finish the exam in one sitting. However, you can log back in to confirm your score at any time at via the Emmersion Learning app.
- After signing in, you will be brought to your Dashboard. From here, you can select the language exam you would like to take by clicking on “Take Test.”
- You will then be asked to take a short Pre-Test Survey.
- Upon completion of the Pre-Test Survey, you will be asked if you are ready to begin the test. Click “Begin Test” to start the test.
- Once you have finished the test, please print or save your results electronically as you will need them for placement. You will be able to log back in later to access your scores, if needed.
If you have any questions or issues concerning registration, please email the Undergraduate Coordinator who will respond during business hours.